Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Month of the Plastic: Day 3

I'll admit, I'm not off to a great start.  Sure I didn't purchase any single-use plastic, but I also didn't do any shopping.  I did eat a microwave meal and all the packaging for that was single-use.  The worst part was, I didn't even think about it until I threw it away.  I grabbed what I had to eat during my break at work, warmed it up and enjoyed every bite of it, without once thinking about how I was throwing my goals out the window immediately.  Since then, I haven't been able to come up with a really good alternative to this meal.  With only a half hour to feed myself, I don't have many options to start with.  I need something quick and easy, which usually means a sandwich, leftovers, or a microwave meal.  I can't think of a single microwave meal that is plastic free.  Anyone know of any?

I could switch to sandwiches and leftovers instead.  I might have to start cooking up meals just to have easy microwaveable leftovers for my break.  UGH that sounds like so much work!!!

Oh, and I completely chickened out on abusing my power at work to get my cashiers to offer reusable bags.  I got a little bit better yesterday.  I mentioned to them how awesome it is that BB&B is donating a dollar for every bag bought, and I told them it would make me really happy if they offered but, I didn't badger or bully them.  I only told a select few about the program, too.  I did get one of the eight or so customers I rang up to buy a bag, though.  That was one small step in the right direction, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment